Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A new era

Well, the election is over. No one knows what the next 4 years will bring, but if people of all political leanings show the same class and efforts to support unity that both candidates showed last night then I think it could be very good for our nation. Of course it is a lot easier to give eloquent speeches than it is to actually implement ideas in real life, but for anyone who missed either candidate's speech you really should read them and think about what they said. I think Obama was classy in that he emphasized the greatness of America and recognized the importance of listening to all points of view. I think McCain was also very classy as he emphasized the greatness of America and the importance of being united as a nation and that the strength of America comes from the democratic process.

Barrack Obama's acceptance speech is here

John McCain's concession speech is here

Added Note: If you have ideas of how we as a country can promote unity between people with different political views, feel free to leave a comment. If you want to discuss the pros and cons of either presidental candidate, there are plenty of forums for that. This is not one of them. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
keco said...

To whoever posted an anonymous comment. I deleted your comment for several reasons.

1. Because your were anonymous. I don't force people to have a login to make comments because some people don't have logins. If you can't or don't login, at least put your name on what you say.

2. This isn't a political blog. If you read my previous post http://kecoproductions.blogspot.com/2008/10/be-informed-voter.html, I clearly stated I was not going to try to convince anyone to favor one candidate or another on this blog. If you are someone I know and you are willing to take the time to inform yourself about what both candidates have ACTUALLY said and done in regards to various issue, I would be happy to have a calm rational discussion with you. I can see pros and cons for both. However, I have no interest in having a shouting match with anyone. Especially on this blog.

3. Because my post was NOT about whether Barrack Obama would be a good president. It was about how BOTH candidates showed, at least for a day, how to be classy in politics and seek for common ground and seek to build the USA up instead of just bashing each other. From your post, it appears that you did not get that that was the point of this post. If you have ideas of how we as a people can make politics more civil and find unity even when people have different political views, please feel free to share.

Thanks,
Ke