Saturday, November 14, 2009

Regina Spektor Concert

Last Friday Connie and I went to a Regina Spektor Concert with some friends. Connie and I found out about Regina about a year ago via pandora.com. We have enjoyed her music since then and when we found out she was coming to town we were excited to attend.
The venue for the concert was frankly terrible (terrible audio, standing room only), but the concert was awesome. What we like about Regina is her diversity and depth of talent. So for all you viewing pleasure, I have duplicated the concert here, with the songs in the order that she played them.

She start out with a fun song, called "The Calculation":


She then followed that with one of my favorite songs of hers, "Eet":



Next up was "Folding Chair" was illustrates the quirkness that makes her fun to listen to:



The moving "Ode to Divorce" brought out Regina's serious side.



"The machine" is a weird and awesome song about the future:



Next up was "Laughing with", a thought provoking song about God:



Next up was "One more time with feeling" which I hadn't heard before:



This was followed by the haunting "Blue Lips", which I believe is based on some her experiences as a Jewish family immigrating from Russia:



One of my favorites, "On The Radio" was next:



Next up was the peppy turning to sad song "Dance Anthem of the 80s":



This was followed by the accapella "Silly eye color generalization":



"That Time" is a song about remembering the weird and sometimes foolish things of youth:



"Apres Moi" is a strong and moving song with a long bit in russian:



"Poor Little Rich Boy" was interesting because Regina used a chair as drum and that was pretty cool (WARNING: Explicit lyrics)



After this Regina said it was here last song and left the stage. Then everyone cheered and cheered until she came back on. I have to be honest, the encore seemed pretty staged, but we didn't mind because she came back and sang some of our favorite songs.

The encore started with "The man of 1000 faces":



Then came a Regina classic "Samson":



Next was another Regina classic "US" (also one of my favorites):



This followed by yet another favorite classic "Fidelity":


Well, this brings us to the end of the concert, I hope you enjoyed it!

2 comments:

Dimples :) said...

Catchy tunes! I like them. Good videos too.

Everyday Anisha Photography said...

I loved reliving the concert. Thanks guys!